Lullaby and Goodnight

I’m sitting here, feeding my freshly bathed babe (who smells like an orange popsicle thanks to Earth Mama Angel Baby) and looking for lullabies on lala. I came across a song that I hadn’t heard in a very long time and begun hunting for the version I grew up with.

I haven’t heard it in years and it instantly put a smile on my face. I’m thinking of comprising some of my favorite tunes on a sleepytime playlist for Nellie to listen to to gear up for bed when she’s a bit older and we get into a more strict routine. I definitely will put this one on it, along with Baby Mine by Bette Midler.

So… What are your favorite lullabies to sing to/play for your little one?

Enjoy this post? Vote for me at TopBabyBlogs.com by clicking this button:
Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com
Thank you!

Comments

1. KarmaPearl says:

@Julia have you heard this version? http://lala.com/zyUg

2. Audrey loves Somewhere over the rainbow

3. natalie says:

I love "You Are My Sunshine." :)

4. Bekah's World says:

Bekah's favorite, and my favorite are an LDS church song. It's called A Child's Prayer. The lyrics are here: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=0770bf9cd2f0c110VgnVCM100000176f620a____
    I think it's the tune that makes it such a great song.

5. Amaprincess says:

I plan on converting my driving song to my lullaby song and belting out The Rose!

6. Busted Kate says:

Great song. I love anything on those Kenny Loggins CDs for kids…

The song from the Secret of NIMH soundtrack, Flying Dreams.

Fahter and Daughter by Paul Simon (came out when I was an adult but still great).

Baby Mine from Dumbo.

Beautiful Boy by John Lennon.

If We Hold On Together (from that Dinosaur movie).

7. Christine says:

When my daughter was a babe…I'd sing 'You are my Sunshine', 'Jesus Loves Me', 'This little light of Mine' and others, over and over in the rocker. Back then, she loved it. And back then for her first two years, she was up several times a night. :)

8. JDaniel4's Mom says:

I sang Jesus Loves Me.

9. "La La Lu", Lady and The Tramp, sung by Peggy Lee. I love this song so much–makes me teary every time. :)

10. I have to say "Baby Mine" was always a favorite. Next in line came "All The Pretty Little Horses" and "You Are My Sunshine." Of course it took me the longest time to get through "Baby Mine" without getting all choked up and crying. After trying for so long, I never thought I'd have a baby to sing it too….so it took a long time to get through all the emotion and get through the entire song.

11. Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are pleasant in support of new people.