Today I turn 28 years old. I woke up to several Facebook birthday wishes, which put a smile on my face. I began my day with a free birthday drink from Starbucks. Nothing like celebrating 28 years on this earth by caffeinating the hell out of yourself.
I got a surprise in my inbox from several bloggy friends of mine; a gift certificate to a local spa! I had tears in my eyes as I read their message to me and took in their generosity.
I’m not sure what the rest of the day holds, but I do know that on my birthday I want to acknowledge how beautiful and blessed my life is. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, a healthy and beautiful little girl who is about to turn two. I am surrounded by friends and family who love me. I’ve been through a lot lately and have been writing a lot of heavy and sad things. It’s nice to take a few moments to write about what’s good right now, and set my sights on my future. This experience with losing my mom has opened my eyes as to how I want to live my life from now on.
- I want to be healthy. Eat healthy, be fit, and take care of my body. Seeing my mother in such bad health and having so many ailments makes me want to not end up like that.
- I want to work through my emotional issues. I want to continue going to counseling and get as mentally healthy as possible.
- I want to work on cultivating deep, meaningful friendships and relationships with people.
- I want to tell the people in my life that I love them and not be afraid to receive and accept their love in return.
- I want to make each moment of my life, each breath that I take count.
- I want a pony.
Sorry, I had to throw something random in there. It was getting a little too sappy and spinning-on-a-hillside happy bunny up in here for me.
But for real. I want to make 28 the best year of my life so far. I have a lot to be thankful for, a lot to embrace, and a lot to experience.
Bring it on, 28.