For some reason, I have reached the level of tired today where even staring at the computer screen takes too much energy. But I have a few good things to share, so I’m lifting my weary fingers and tapping out a blog post. I have also been the most impatient ever today, but I think that has something to do with the fact that my “monthlies” are almost here.
I feel like I’m not positive enough on my blog and also in every day life. So, here are a few things that are awesome right now:
- It’s Friday. ‘Nuff said.
- My husband got me an early birthday gift. It is an Origami Owl locket and I am madly in love with it. I am not a jewelry girl but this thing is amazing. Here is a photo of it:
It is essentially a charm locket. You can remove the charms inside of it and change them out for MORE CHARMS. ALL THE CHARMS. FOREVER. The charms I selected are a rose to represent Nellie (her middle name is Rose), an October birthstone in the shape of a heart for my husband, a music note because music is a huge part of who I am, a January birthstone for me AND Nellie, and a laptop because. Well. Okay back to the awesome things.
- As I type my brother and his fiancee are en route to visit us. It’s been over six months since I’ve seen them so I’m a little excited.
- My birthday is Wednesday. I will be 29. It is the one holiday a year that is in celebration of me! CONFETTI!
- Speaking of birthdays, my little girl is turning 3 (THREE. WHAT? HOW? HOLD ME.) on the 20th. This is both awesome and terrifying.
- Since the beginning of me tracking my calories on 12/17, I have lost 4.5 pounds. I’ve been consistently under my calorie goals and have been exercising more. Go me!
- I am tackling Stephen King’s massive novel “Under the Dome”, and I love it. It’s going to take me a while. It’s over 1,000 pages long.
- The movie Pitch Perfect. I am not even going to lie to you. I loved that movie and would watch it once a day if I thought it wouldn’t make me a huge giant loser. I actually don’t care if you think I’m a huge giant loser. That movie was fucking awesome.
So I’ve shared some things that are awesome with me right now. What’s awesome with you?