For my birthday, my best friend gave me a number of really cool and funny things. She gave me a Starbucks gift card, a funny calendar featuring goats in trees (best ever, right?), some scented wax that smells like cupcakes (“so the calories don’t ruin your diet”) and a card with some wonderfully sentimental things written inside.
One of the things she wrote was how we should do lots of fun things this year and then throw a big party for the big 3-0. I wonder if she knew she’d make me cry with her card (the sweet things she said, not the fact that she mentioned me turning 30) but I’m almost positive she didn’t know that she’d inspire me to create what I’m calling my “Twenties Bucket List” – a list of things I want to do before my twenties kick the bucket and become my 30s.
It’s probably going to be a list in progress, because I keep thinking of random and silly things to put on it. I don’t think the #1 item will change, however. Here is the list as it stands now in no particular order except for item #1:
- Take a winery tour.
- Attend Wine Over Water (not everything on this list is wine-related. Promise).
- Lose 40 pounds (this one’s already in progress!).
- Begin writing a book.
- Take 1 photo a day and make a “memory yearbook” at the end of the year.
- Begin saving for a family Disney trip.
- Take a weekend road trip with the family.
- Meet some of my blog friends in person (FINALLY).
- See a live concert (preferably Mumford & Sons or Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros).
- Do something completely different with my hair.
And the #1 thing on my list is…
Train for and run a 5k.
Specifically, the Run For Your Lives Zombie-Infested 5k Obstacle Course Race in September. What’s that? Check out the video below for epic awesomeness.
I mean seriously. How freaking cool does that look? I just can’t decide if I want to be a zombie or a racer. Obviously it’s going to take me more than just training in running – that shit looks serious. I’m going to have to be in good shape before tackling that but I have plenty of time since the run isn’t until September.
That’s my Twenties Bucket List so far. I’m determined to make the last year before 30 awesome.
Have any suggestions of things I could add to my list? Add them in the comments!